Sermon Taught by Rev. Dunamis Tunde Okunowo on the 28th of July 2019
- We live in a pressured generation because of the kind of peculiar issue the generation is facing – Distractions
- In this generation there are so many distractions in the form of advancements in technology, because of these distractions we have to make deliberate and conscious efforts to connect with God in the place of prayers, fasting and other spiritual things.
- Decide, make up your mind to serve God regardless of the distractions.
- And because we live in a pressured generation, we have to take note of the following:
1. Love Can Be Intoxicating
Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine.Songs of Solomon 1:2, KJV
- The Bible likens love to wine because it can be intoxicating, it can make you lose all your sense of logic.
- By the time parents, pastors, friends are warning you, you should know that there is a major issue there.
Stages of Love
- Thought Stage – When your thoughts are preoccupied with the person.
- Increased Intimacy – when you are in love and you don’t define the relationship, you tend to take it to the next level
- Jealousy and Possessiveness
- Do or Do not – This is tying the knot. Until this is done, sex should not come in.
- When you get intoxicated at the wrong time, and you follow through (involving in sexual compromise), it can be counter productive.
- Ladies, don’t wear provocative clothes.
- You don’t need to be seductive to be attractive.
- There is a different between being seductive and having the favor of God.
To the married:
- The wine can often go low, this is because most people get married and stop chasing their wives – they stop doing the things they were doing for their wife when they were single
- Take yourself out time to time – don’t let people around you pressure from having a monotonous marriage
- Heep speaking your love language
- Don’t stop chasing after and wooing each other.
- Forgive quickly – There is no place where anybody is going to offend you as much as in marriage
- Have a mentor over your marriage. Don’t get used to handling things your own way. ask questions.
2. Love is More Than Feelings
- Love start with feelings,but for it to last,it must graduate into commitment and decision.
- True love is not a feeling by which we are overwhelmed, its a commitment, a thoughtful decision.
- When we are intoxicated with love, we don’t often notice the wrongs in the other person.
- Don’t be led by the feelings but be led by the spirit because it is over when your feelings dictate to you.
- Maturity is learning to put your body under
3. Don’t Fall in Love With The Wrong Person
- For singles God expects us to stay away from sex.
- As singles eliminate distractions, you know you triggers, things that push you into sexual compromise.
VERY IMPORTANT LINKS
There are ways you can be a part of KHC. Become KHC Member HERE, Sow a seed/offering/tithe HERE, Submit your prayers or pray for others HERE, Check KHC Courses HERE and SUBSCRIBE FOR DEVOTIONALS HERE. Join KHC Telegram Channel HERE & Whatsapp Group HERE. Subscribe to You Tube Videos HERE and follow us on Instagram HERE. Finally… Hit the Share Button and share to social media if indeed you are blessed.