There are some things we take for granted and assume everybody knows. But it’s not everybody that knows certain things about marriage.
Some people are a product of dysfunctional homes. Some are a product of various kinds of abuse. Others have very bad experiences that have left them broken, battered and scattered.
Some other people just form their own opinions about marriage and how it is to be lived.
Meanwhile others got the erroneous advice from friends who tell them you must do certain things to protect yourself.
Here, I will like to mention 10 things you should not do as couples.
1. You might have other friends, but let your spouse be your confidant. In doing this you save yourself a lot of trouble.
2. Never sleep in separate rooms. For no reason should you allow yourself to leave your matrimonial bed. Some leave because they are breast feeding or nursing a child. Please a child should be taken care of by both the father and mother.
3. Don’t for any reason leave your wife’s food out of annoyance. It is immature.
4. Never slap, kick or beat your wife no matter what the wife does. It is a criminal offence.
5. Don’t prefer or treat specially your family members over your wife. It will boomerang. Your family is your family and your wife is your wife. They are different and each must be treated with respect.
6. Don’t hide or hoard vital information from your spouse, saying she or he is the enemy of your progress.
7. Don’t love your children more than your spouse. You are to train your children and love your spouse. Love you children but not above your spouse.
8. Don’t try to train, correct or abuse your husband. It will not work.
9. Don’t go the way of nagging, it has been known not to work and it will not work. Prayerfully make your request known, wait for God to intervene and He will.
10. Don’t put your spouse on a pedestrian. Let them grow at their own pace. Accept your spouse and don’t be too hard on them but let love prevail.
God bless our marriage.
CONFESSION FOR THE DAY
I will do these things to make my marriage work.
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
Lord, help me to put these things into practise
ACTION PLAN FOR THE DAY
Avoid everything that can affect your marriage
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
My marriage is in my hands, whether it works or fails.
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY
There are ways you can be a part of KHC. Become KHC Member HERE, Sow a seed/offering/tithe HERE, Submit your prayers or pray for others HERE, Check KHC Courses HERE and SUBSCRIBE FOR DEVOTIONALS HERE. Join KHC Telegram Channel HERE & Whatsapp Group HERE. Also Find Word Of Faith Articles You Can Download On Telegram HERE. Finally… Hit the Share Button and share to social media if indeed you are blessed.
Sophia Bolanle Okunowo pastors alongside her husband at Shouts Of Grace Center in Ibadan. She is an administrator with a Health Provider company. She desires to see marriages blessed and fulfilling it’s purpose.