Sermon Outline For Message Taught By Rev. Dunamis Okunowo on Sunday 9th of June 2019
Why is it that God can do Hard things, and there are something’s that have not been done in our lives?
- We must note that God is ready to do anything at any point in our lives.
- What are those things that prevent God’s divinity from bursting into our humanity?
- What could be those things that could be hindrances or blockages to our prayer?
- Why would God not answer prayers?
- Deuteronomy 3:23-26 is an instance that shows God not answering prayers.
- What Moses did was a gross violation of a divine law.
- God absolutely refused to answer this prayer.
- There are times in our lives when the answer God gives us is that he’s not going to do what we have asked.
Why would God refuse to do certain things, why God will refuse to answer?
1. Age and Capacity
- While the child is an infant, he still learning the primary functions of life.
- God, out of His love for us will not give us somethings we want because we are not mature enough to handle them.
- God doesn’t answer these prayers, not because he cannot do it, but because they are out of place
- Psalm 121:7
- In God’s bid to preserve us there are some prayers He will not answer.
- 2 Timothy 4:18
- God is in the business of preserving us and keeping us safe.
2. When it is not in the best interest of all concerned.
- For the God that does hard things to answer your prayers, its answers must be in the best interest of all concerned.
- God is looking ahead to see that our prayers will not only abound to our good but also to the welfare of his overall kingdom
- Luke 9:54-55
3. The will factor
- Our wills were given to us as a gift, so we won’t be like robots before God.
- God is very reluctant to answer selfish prayers.
- In the choice of a life partner, don’t go out of God’s will and ask Him to bless your choice.
- God will not override our wills. It takes a decision on our own part.
- Our will is very powerful. Don’t get outside of God’s will.
- Knowing God’s will but always following our own will, will lead to trouble.
How do you align to God’s will?
- Matthew 6:33 – Seek first God’s kingdom
- 1 John 5:14 – when we make requests out of his will God doesn’t hear us.
- In choice of a career, find out God’s plan and not what is lucrative. God has carved out a path for everyone and it is a path of prosperity
Prayer – Lord, I will not miss your plans for my life in the name of Jesus
4. When an answered prayers will hurt others.
- If your prayer will hurt another child of God unjustly, that prayer will not be answered.
- James 4:3
- What are your intention in prayers
5. When you pray about a time related factor and it’s not yet time
- Don’t be desperate, allow God to do it in his own time.
- Find out God’s plan for your life and stay with it. Don’t be in a hurry.
- Jesus took a little time before he went to raise Lazarus from the dead.
- Matthew 12:38-40(MSG)
- Matthew 16:1-4
- You need to pray in consonance with God’s timing for your life.
6. When you are living in sin or compromise
- Note that this is different from making mistakes and repenting and not being a habitual sinner.
- The provision for a mistake is to ask for forgiveness and repent and making the decision to go and sin no more.
- Psalm 66:18 – to regard means to give place, honor, appreciate.
- Proverbs 15:29
- John 9:31
- 2 Samuel 12:16-18
- When you deal with all these hindrances, there’s nothing that will prevent God from answering our prayers.
- Repentance is turning around, not to do it again.
- Jeremiah 32:17
- God created the heavens and the earth by merely stretching forth His hands.
Join us for a life time in God’s Presence, Our service times are:
Sundays 8:00am and Wednesdays 6:00pm
Shouts of Grace Center, Joke Plaza, beside Trans Amusement Park, Bodija-UI Road, Ibadan
To listen to the audio of this message click HERE
There are ways you can be a part of KHC. Become KHC Member HERE, Sow a seed/offering/tithe HERE, Submit your prayers or pray for others HERE, Check KHC Courses HERE and SUBSCRIBE FOR DEVOTIONALS HERE. Join KHC Telegram Channel HERE & Whatsapp Group HERE. Subscribe to You Tube Videos HERE and follow us on Instagram HERE. Finally… Hit the Share Button and share to social media if indeed you are blessed.