Sermon Taught By Rev Dunamis. Okunowo on the 21st of July 2019
Text: Romans 8:1-8
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.Romans 8:1, KJV
- Condemnation will not be for those who ignore the dictates of the flesh and obey the dictates of the spirit.
- The flesh has a voice, so does the spirit.
- The flesh speaks to us every time, likewise the Spirit of God and we must get to the point where we decide which to listen to – the flesh or the Spirit. You cannot listen to the two at the same time.
- There is a walk that is according to the flesh and a walk according to the Spirit.
- There is condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus but still walk after the flesh.
- In the realm of the spirit there is no neutrality. It’s either you serve God or serve the devil. You either walk after the flesh or spirit.
- Make up your mind to listen to the Spirit and not the flesh.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.Romans 8:2, KJV
- Things die (favor, open doors, opportunities) whenever you dine with sin.
- There is a law of sin and death and also a law of spirit of life in Christ Jesus
- The law of sin and death came into operation when sin came in, but God introduced a higher law – the law of spirit of life in Christ Jesus. If I cooperate with this law, the law of sin and death has no power over me.
- Jesus has freed us from the law of sin and death.
- Don’t go back and willingly submit your life under the law of sin and death
- God gave us a permanent solution to the issue of sin.
- The mind of those that are after the flesh are full of the things of the flesh.
- Those that are according to the flesh are controlled by its unholy desires.
Characteristics of Those That Walk After The Flesh
- They listen to the dictates of the flesh
- They mind the things of the flesh
- They pursue things that glorify the flesh
- They are carnally minded – carnality is enmity with God, it doesn’t submit/subject itself to the law of God. Therefore carnally minded people cannot please God, satisfy Him or be acceptable to Him.
VERY IMPORTANT LINKS
There are ways you can be a part of KHC. Become KHC Member HERE, Sow a seed/offering/tithe HERE, Submit your prayers or pray for others HERE, Check KHC Courses HERE and SUBSCRIBE FOR DEVOTIONALS HERE. Join KHC Telegram Channel HERE & Whatsapp Group HERE. Subscribe to You Tube Videos HERE and follow us on Instagram HERE. Finally… Hit the Share Button and share to social media if indeed you are blessed.