Yesterday, we looked at the things that will not work or in marriage.
Honestly, there are some things we do and we expect a good result.
We need to ask ourselves, ‘ what do I think will be the result of my actions?’
It is said that it is insane to do the same things and expect a different result.
We all need to begin to watch our actions, because what goes round comes round.
The wives need to ask themselves, ‘what am I doing, will it make my marriage better or it will make it bitter’.
We can train ourselves to do good.
It might be difficult but it is not impossible to improve on your character.
Most of us are just been stubborn. There may be some demonic influences here and there, but basically, we are our own architect.
Here are a few of those things we can do that will make our marriage work:
1. Be reverent to your husband. Honor him in words, thoughts and actions.
2. Be obedient to him, in both small and big matters.
3. Love and adore your wife and be consumed with thoughts of her and how to do her good.
4. Don’t hold on to grudges. Discuss issues or let them be as the case may be.
5. Be each other’s friends.
6. Be concerned with what goes on in each other’s life.
7. Pray everyday for each other.
8. Make sure you are on the same page. You can agree to disagree.
9. Avoid heated argument with your spouse. It is not worth it. Silence could be golden.
10. Do your responsibilities well without fail.
11. Be objective in your judgements, don’t take sides when it comes to your family members. Treat your families as equal.
12. Never neglect God in your marriage. Put God in the equation and He makes all the difference.
13. Manage your finances well. Romance without finance is annoyance.
Practice doing these with the help of God and the Holy spirit and you begin to see your marriage get better.
God bless your marriage.
CONFESSION FOR THE DAY
I take heed to doing these things for my marriage to work better.
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
Lord, I receive your Mercy to work on my marriage.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY.
My marriage is my responsibility. I work at making it work.
Practice doing these things and see your marriage improve.
BIBLE READING FOR TODAY
Psalm 1 – 2
Sophia Bolanle Okunowo pastors alongside her husband at Shouts Of Grace Center in Ibadan. She is an administrator with a Health Provider company. She desires to see marriages blessed and fulfilling it’s purpose.