Things That Will Not Make A Marriage Work Out
There are some things we know to be true.
Or maybe we just have a mental assent about them.
That is, we just have a head knowledge about their being true but it has not yet registered or settled in our hearts how true they are.
What we know in our heart to be true, we will do those things.
I just want to re-establish certain truth of some godly principles of living in our hearts.
They are not new doctrines but we will do well to remind ourselves again and again.
Things that will NOT make your marriage work.
1. Disrespect for your husband and public display of rebellion or stubbornness.
2. Being insensitive to your wife as a person and to her needs.
3. Preferring the company of your friends to that of your spouse.
4. Not learning and knowing how to cook and keep the home.
5. Preferring other ladies’ food to that which your wife cooks.
6. Keeping late nights either because of parties, friends or work.
7. Putting work before your wife and family.
8. Not giving each other attention.
9. Not being good friends, that really know how to talk and communicate sincerely.
10. Not working on managing your temperamental differences well.
11. Not managing your extremely different backgrounds well.
12. Not managing your financial wants or abundance well.
13. When you are of different spiritual beliefs or background, and you don’t manage it well.
14. When you love your children more than your spouse and you allow them come in between you.
15. When you allow third party influences especially your parents to affect the unity or covenant between you.
All these will not let your marriage work out as it should be.
They will sap out the life from your marriage and leave you barely surviving.
Take heed and avoid these things.
God bless your marriage
CONFESSION FOR THE DAY
I take heed not to have a mental asset of these truths of what will not make my marriage work.
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
Lord, I receive your Mercy to work on my marriage.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY.
My marriage is my responsibility. I cannot be doing certain things and expect my marriage to work out.
Take the one month challenge of saying the right things about your marriage and to your spouse.
BIBLE READING FOR TODAY