End of the year Fasting and Prayers have begun. Go HERE for more details.
Husbands are meant to love their wives as Christ loved the church and died for her. Christ becomes an example for husbands in loving their wives. That standard is pretty high. Every husband should strive more to love like this.
However, not all men are willing to follow this example. Remember, God created us as free willed beings. So there are lots of problems in marriages.
Now a ‘fend for yourself husband’ is a pain to his wife because he has woefully failed in his responsibility as a husband.
The reason for this topic is to open the eyes of husbands that are guilty of this and to cause a repentance in their heart and a turn around in their behavior.
Also, if you are married to a ‘fend for yourself husband’, please don’t live in bitterness and unforgiveness, all you can do is trust God for the best and be an intercessor for him. God sure answers prayers.
Dag Heward- Mills talked about this in one of his books.
Qualities of a ‘fend-for-yourself husband’ are:
1. He is not spiritual and does not direct his family into spiritual things.
2. He is lazy, selfish and self centered. You have to fend for yourself.
3. He expects a lot from his wife but he has so little to offer, so you have to fend for yourself.
4. He is a husband who does not help with any of the housework, doesn’t pay or organize for any domestic chores to be done to help his wife.
5. He will not lift a finger to look after the children. You must fend for yourself.
6. A husband who is comfortable with the fact that he does not provide for his family. You must fend for yourself.
7. He does not have any kind words or love for his family or wife. You must fend for yourself.
8. He does not discuss anything with his wife.
9. He hides his finances from his wife. You must fend for yourself
10. He does not look after the children
11. He has no time for anything concerning the marriage.
To be continued…
God bless our marriages.
CONFESSION FOR TODAY
Husband: I am a responsible husband.
Wife: My husband is responsible.
PRAYER FOR TODAY
Pray genuinely for your husband.
THOUGHT FOR TODAY
Ephesians 5:25 (KJV) Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
ACTION PLAN FOR TODAY
If you are a guilty husband, repent today.
BIBLE READING FOR TODAY
VERY IMPORTANT LINKS
There are ways you can be a part of KHC. Become KHC Member HERE, Sow a seed/offering/tithe HERE, Submit your prayers or pray for others HERE, Check KHC Courses HERE and SUBSCRIBE FOR DEVOTIONALS HERE. Join KHC Telegram Channel HERE & Whatsapp Group HERE. Subscribe to You Tube Videos HERE and follow us on Instagram HERE. Finally… Hit the Share Button and share to social media if indeed you are blessed.
Sophia Bolanle Okunowo pastors alongside her husband at Shouts Of Grace Center in Ibadan. She is an administrator with a Health Provider company. She desires to see marriages blessed and fulfilling it’s purpose.